Tuesday 24 November 2009

Feature article

In my survey I asked the people What feature they would like to see on a band or artist. There was a large range of answers resulting in most people wanting Chances to win tickets to a concert or gig and people wanting a feature on the band backstage on tour. The other options were an interview with the lead singer, fans write in questions and the band answers and the history of the band or artist. Although there were two clear winners with this interview question I think that I am going to incorporate all these features in one feature. Another question I asked was what other magazines do people read and most of the interviewees said Technology and Fashion. I then decided to intergrate these two topics in my music magazine. I thought I could gain a wider audience if I chose to broaden my theme and cross genres as this always attracts a larger audience.

So my final idea was to do an interview with the band/artist, have approximately 5 questions sent in from readers for the band/artist to answer. I will have three sections of the interview including, basic music, fashion and technology. I think this will be successful because it has been discovered that readers prefer it when interviews are broken down into seperate subject and it gives them an opportunity to focus on the topic they like the most.
I will then have a section about a gig and how it is to be backstage, at the end of the article it will give the readers a chance to go to a gig and be backstage with the artist. I think this will be good because it has so much to offer and if I just focussed on the interview or history of the band/artist I don't think it will be successful, it could drag on. Finally, I will incorporate history of the band/artist in the introduction and in the interview.

1 comment: